fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 10:00:08 +0100

# # # # # #

ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézet
STATISZTIKUS FIZIKAI SZEMINÁRIUM

2016. december 7.
szerda, 11 óra

Ksenia Guseva

Theoretical Physics/Complex Systems, ICBM,
University of Oldenburg

"Aggregation-fragmentation dynamics in random flows: from
tracers to inertial aggregates"

We investigate aggregation-fragmentation dynamics of tracers
and inertial monomers (unit particles) in random flows. We use
an individual-particle-based model, where each aggregate is
characterized by a position, a velocity and a size. The
dynamics consists of three steps: aggregates move advected by
the fluid, they aggregate upon collisions and they fragment due
to forces exerted by the flow field. We are interested in
properties of the steady-state of this system, when aggregation
and fragmentation dynamics balance each other. We compare the
steady-state size distributions formed by tracers and by
inertial aggregates. Finally, we analyze the scaling of the
size distribution --- with respect to the resistance of
aggregates and the dilution of the suspension --- for ensembles
of monomers with different inertial properties.

1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A, Északi tösmb 2.54
honlap: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz