fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium

  • From: szpl <szpl AT metal.elte.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Ortvay kollokvium
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 09:46:06 +0200

ELTE Fizikai Intézet

ORTVAY KOLLOKVIUM

2016. október 13., csütörtök, 15:00-kor
Az ELTE Pázmány Péter s. 1/A alatti épületében
földszinti 0.81 előadóban

Rakyta Péter (ELTE, Komplex Rendszerek Fizikája Tanszék)

"Magnetic tuning of ballistic Josephson junctions"

Kivonatos ismertetés:
Two-dimensional structures containing superconducting phases are frequently used as building blocks in novel nanoscale devices. For example, the long-range
correlation related to the presence of the Cooper pairs is a key ingredient for the realization of quantum entanglement necessary in quantum computing implementations. Motivated by recent experimental works, we studied the Josephson effect in ballistic superconductor-monolayer graphene-superconductor (SGS) junctions. In my talk I will show that a magnetic field can be used to tune the the physical properties of the SGS junctions. I will also describe a novel theoretical approach developed by our group and used to model transport processes in these devices.