fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, morning

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, morning

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, morning
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 10:00:12 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE Institute of Physics
SEMINARS IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

The FIRST lecture on
22nd June 2016

Wednesday, 11 a.m.
Room 7.14
(on the 7th floor!)

Ibere L. Caldas

Institute of Physics, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil

"Shearless Barriers in Chaotic Symplectic Maps"

Initially, we introduce shearless transport barriers created in nonmonotonic
dynamical systems described by symplectic maps [1]. These barriers reduce the
transport in the shearless region. After that we show that secondary shearless
bifurcations can also occur in monotonic systems [2]. To show the presence of
these barriers in confined plasmas, we present examples of two kinds of
symplectic maps: the first kind describing the chaotic magnetic field line
transport in plasmas with external resonant perturbations [3]; the second kind
concerning the chaotic particle drift motion caused by electrostatic waves
[3].