fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 15:46:03 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE Institute of Physics
SEMINARS IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

24th May 2016
Tuesday, 11 a.m.
Room 3.67

Eduardo G. Altmann

Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems,
Dresden, Germany

"A Statistical Physics approach to Socio-economical Data"

The recent availability of large socio-economical databases opened new
opportunities for quantitative investigations of different economical
and scientific problems. In this talk I advocate that ideas and methods
that originated in Statistical Physics can make important contributions
to this emerging field. I will illustrate my general point through
specific examples of my recent research: the use of entropies in textual
analysis, how to sample network ensembles, and applications of
stochastic processes to social media.

1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A (Northern Block)
home page: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz

  • [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, StatFizSzeminar, 05/18/2016
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [Fizinfo] Stat Phys Seminar, StatFizSzeminar, 05/19/2016