fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba <tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 16:09:54 +0200

M E G H Í V Ó - I N V I T A T I O N

Seminar Series of the Department of Theoretical Physics at the

Péter Vrana
(Budapest University of Technology and Economics,
Department of Geometry)

Homological codes and abelian anyons

We study a generalization of Kitaev's abelian toric code model defined on CW complexes. In this model two-level systems are attached to n dimensional cells and the interaction is given by generalized star and plaquette operators. We find that the set of energy-minimizing ground states and the types of charges carried by certain localized excitations depends only on the proper homotopy type of the CW complex. As an application we show that the homological product of a CSS code with the infinite toric code has excitations with abelian anyonic statistics.

Időpont: 2016. április 22. péntek, 10:15
Helyszín: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék,
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsőház, szemináriumi szoba