fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba <tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 16:12:50 +0100

M E G H Í V Ó - I N V I T A T I O N

Seminar Series of the Department of Theoretical Physics at the

Viktor Ivády
(Linköping University, Sweden, and
Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Budapest)

Optical dynamic nuclear spin polarization through
solid-state quantum bit processing

Advances in solid-state quantum information processing turned to have a large impact on other fields of physics, thanks to the numerous entanglement based processes and protocols that were worked out in recent years. In this seminar, we consider such a process, the optical dynamic nuclear spin polarization (ODNP) process, which may become an important part of future quantum information processing, nanoscale metrology, and sensitivity-enhanced nuclear magnetic resonance applications.
Briefly, we first shortly review the physics of important paramagnetic point defects in semiconductors that serve as optically addressable solid-state quantum bits. We consider the optical electron spin polarization cycle, heterogeneous electron - nuclear spin systems, and the possibility of spin polarization transfer via the hyperfine interaction. Then, we review ODNP and introduce a general model allows us to understand different aspects of this process. Finally, we discuss recent results on the ground state ODNP of weakly coupled nuclei.

[1] A. L. Falk et al, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 247603 (2015).
[2] V. Ivády et al, Phys. Rev. B 92, 115206 (2015).

Idöpont: 2016. április 1. péntek, 10:15
Helyszín: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék,
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsöház, szemináriumi szoba