fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium

  • From: <vera.horvath AT eli-alps.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 11:58:06 +0100

Meghívó az ELI-ALPS szemináriumára

Előadó: Subhendu Kahaly
Cím: Attosecond Light Sources Using Plasma Optics

Időpont: 2015. október 30., 9 óra
Helyszín: Szeged, Tisza Lajos krt. 85-87.

State of the art high-power femtosecond lasers have allowed us to achieve
light induced coherent control of relativistic matter, thus opening novel
vistas for basic sciences, as well as for scientific and societal
applications. The usual trend in this research field has been to attain the
highest possible laser intensities on target, by focusing Fourier-Transform
Limited ultrashort laser pulses up to their diffraction limit. Such focussed
ultrashort intense light can transform any solid surface into an instantly
ionised plasma reflector. This type of exotic plasma optics can operate at
ultra-high intensities making them extremely attractive and also the only
optics available at such high light fields.
We demonstrate that they can act as tuneable reflective or diffractive
elements which can be controlled for surface sharpness, shape, structure and
can be driven over ultrafast timescales to relativistic motion in phase with
the driving laser field. The last property lets it also act as a coherent XUV
light emitter having tremendous potential as an isolated attosecond light
source8 for further scientific applications.
In this presentation I would introduce different exciting schemes to
accomplish plasma optics at high intensity and control their various
properties that we developed over time. In continuation, I would be providing
several examples to show that shaping the laser field in space can lead to
novel and far-reaching physical effects. Finally I would summarise few of our
recent examples to show how these properties permit one innovative
applications which are not possible otherwise.

A szeminárium angol nyelvű. Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk.

  • [Fizinfo] ELI-ALPS szeminárium, vera.horvath, 10/27/2015