fizinfo - [Fizinfo] MTA Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] MTA Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

  • From: Balog Janos <balog.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu, rmkiusers AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] MTA Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:09:25 +0800

MTA Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma
Tisztelettel meghívjuk

Urko Reinosa
(Ecole Polytechnique)

"Perturbative study of the QCD phase diagram for heavy quarks at non-zero chemical
potential from a model extension of the Landau-DeWitt gauge "

címmel tartandó szemináriumára.

Kivonat:

We investigate the phase diagram of QCD with heavy quarks at finite
temperature and chemical potential in the context of background field
methods. In particular, we use a massive extension of the Landau-DeWitt
gauge which is motivated by previous studies of the deconfinement phase
transition in pure Yang-Mills theories. We show that a simple one-loop
calculation is able to capture the richness of the phase diagram in the
heavy quark region, both at real and imaginary chemical potential. Moreover,
dimensionless ratios of quantities directly measurable in numerical
simulations are in good agreement with lattice results. Finally, we discuss
how the sign problem of lattice QCD persists, although in a milder form, in
semi-analytical approaches such as the one used here.

Helye: MTA Wigner FK RMI III.ép. Tanácsterem
Ideje: 2015. május 22. péntek du. 14:00 óra

Szívesen látunk minden érdeklődőt.

Balog János

  • [Fizinfo] MTA Wigner FK RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma, Balog Janos, 05/18/2015