fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:00:00 +0100

MEGHÍVÓ

a BME Fizikai Intézete Elméleti Fizika Tanszékének

szemináriumára:

Somfai Ellák
Institute for Solid State Physics and Optics
Wigner Researh Centre for Physics
Hungarian Academy of Sciences

"Rheology of soft matter near the jamming transition"

In this talk we consider the response to shear deformation of jammed soft
matter, such as emulsions, foams, pastes and other marginal materials.
The shear response of jammed solids is well understood in the limit of
quasistatic linear response, but both quasistaticity and linearity vanish at
the jamming transition. Using computer simulations of athermal soft sphere
packings we found strain softening and rate-dependent behavior beyond the
window of quasistatic linear response. The characteristic strain and strain
rate values signaling the onset of rate-dependence and softening vanish
rapidly close to the jamming point, indicating that these materials are
generically nonlinear and rate-dependent on experimentally accessible
strain and time scales.

Helye: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsöház
Szemináriumi szoba

Ideje: 2015. március 13. péntek, 10:15.