fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:49:02 +0100

MEGHÍVÓ

a BME Fizikai Intézete Elméleti Fizika Tanszékének

szemináriumára:

Sergii Khmelevskii
Department of Theoretical Physics
Budapest University of Technology and Economics,
and
Institut für Angewandte Physik
TU Wien

"Tracing antiferromagnetism from first-principles:
quest for novel materials and spintronic applications"

Growing importance of the antiferromagnetic materials in contemporary
technology is due to their applications as intrinsic an component of
computer memory devices and prospective application in the spintronics.
The latter triggered an intensive search for the novel AFM materials. In
this talk we review how state-of-the-art ab-initio theory may describe an
essential properties of the antiferromagnetic materials and predict the
novel one. We show how the new conception of purely antiferromagnetic
spintronics has been appeared from the first-principle studies. The onset
of the antiferromagnteic state in one particularly important class of
materials - full Heusler alloys - will be reviewed. In addition we give
some examples how the stabilization of the complex antiferromagnetic
states and nature of some meta-magnetic phase transitions in selected
materials, can be understood using the the direct calculations of the
inter-atomic exchange constants in the framework of the Lichtenstein
Green function based method.

Helye: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsöház
Szemináriumi szoba

Ideje: 2015. március 6. péntek, 10:15.