fizinfo - [Fizinfo] RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma

  • From: Balog Janos <balog.janos AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>, <rmkiusers AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 13:39:43 +0100

RMI Elméleti Osztály Szemináriuma
Tisztelettel meghívjuk

Kamel Ourabah
(University of Algiers)

"On the Tsallis statistical mechanics approach to the
Thomas - Fermi model: Application to quantum plasmas"

címmel tartandó szemináriumára.

Kivonat:

We present a formulation of the Thomas-Fermi
atomic model within the framework of Tsallis q - statistics.
Starting from the Tsallis counterpart of the Fermi-Dirac distribution and
keeping the same structure, we derive a
generalized Thomas-Fermi equation. It is shown
that the correction due to the Tsallis q - statistics dominates
the usual thermal correction term, in the low-temperature limit.
We apply this model to the investigation of the screening effect in a
quantum plasma. We study the effect of the Tsallis correction on the
Fermi length (counterpart of the Debye length in a quantum plasma) and its
connection with other corrections (thermal and relativistic).
A formulation of the model in an arbitrary n dimensional space
is also presented and some outlooks are discussed.

Helye: Wigner FK RMI III.ép. Tanácsterem
Ideje: 2014. november 10. hétfő du. 14:00 óra

Szívesen látunk minden érdeklődőt.
Balog János