fizinfo - [Fizinfo] [Seminar] -- Vajna Szabolcs

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] [Seminar] -- Vajna Szabolcs

  • From: Szeminarium koordinator <szfi-seminar AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: seminar AT szfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] [Seminar] -- Vajna Szabolcs
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:15:02 +0200

VAJNA SZABOLCS (BME Fizika tanszék, vendéglátó: Asbóth János):
"Topological classification of dynamical phase transitions"

Idõpont: 2014. október 28. (kedd) 10:00
Hely: MTA Wigner FK SZFI, I. épület 1. emeleti Tanácsterem

Részletes információ (tartalmi kivonat):
occurring in systems following a quantum quench, and are characterized by
nonanalytical time evolution of the dynamical free energy. First I introduce
DPTs in the context of spin chains wtih particular focus on the quantum XY
chain. Afterwards I generalize the problem for general 2-band systems in one
and two dimensions (eg. SSH model, Kitaev-chain, Haldane model, p+ip
superconductor, etc.), where we showed that the time evolution of the
dynamical free energy is crucially affected by the ground state topology of
both the initial and final Hamiltonians, implying DPTs when the topology is
changed under the quench. The singularities of dynamical free energy in the
2D case are qualitatively different from those of the 1D case, the cusps
appear only in the first time derivative.</p>

Minden érdeklõdõt szívesen látunk!

  • [Fizinfo] [Seminar] -- Vajna Szabolcs, Szeminarium koordinator, 10/24/2014