fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma

  • From: tcsaba AT eik.bme.hu
  • To: elmfiz.oktatok-kutatok AT lists.bme.hu, elmfiz.hallgatok AT lists.bme.hu, fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Cc: darazs.zoltan AT wigner.mta.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elméleti Fizika Tanszék szemináriuma
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:37:23 +0200

MEGHÍVÓ

a BME Fizikai Intézete Elméleti Fizika Tanszékének

szemináriumára:

Zoltán Darázs
Wigner Research Center for Physics

"Parametric Amplification of the Mechanical Vibrations
of a Suspended Nanowire by Magnetic Coupling to
a Bose-Einstein Condensate"

We show how the vibrational modes of a nanowire may be coherently
manipulated with a Bose-Einstein condensate of ultracold atoms. We consider
the magnetomechanical coupling between paramagnetic atoms and a suspended
nanowire carrying a dc current. Atomic spin flips produce a backaction onto
the wire vibrations, which can lead to mechanical mode amplification. In
contrast to systems considered before, the condensate has a finite energy
bandwidth in the range of the chemical potential and we explore the
consequences of this on the parametric drive. Applying the resolvent
method, we determine the threshold coupling and we also find a significant
frequency shift of the vibration due to magnetomechanical dressing.

Helye: BME Fizikai Intézet, Elméleti Fizika Tanszék
Budafoki út 8. F-épület, III lépcsöház
Szemináriumi szoba

Ideje: 2014. október 3. péntek, 10:15.

Minden érdeklödöt szívesen látunk.