fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:00:23 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézet
STATISZTIKUS FIZIKAI SZEMINÁRIUM

2014. szeptember 24.
szerda, 11 óra

Ksenia Guseva, Ulrike Feudel

Theoretical Physics/Complex Systems, ICBM,
University of Oldenburg, 26129 Oldenburg, Germany

Aggregation and fragmentation processes
in synthetic turbulent flow

We analyze the aggregation-fragmentation dynamics of inertial
particles in a synthetic turbulent flow. This flow is able to
reproduce some of the properties of homogeneous isotropic
turbulence at the dissipative scale. We consider that aggregation
events happen under particle collision, whether fragmentation
occurs due to shear forces exerted on the particle by the flow
field. We investigate how the time scales of the flow and of the
aggregation/fragmentation events can influence the size
distribution of aggregates at the steady state.

1117, Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A, Északi tömb 2.54
honlap: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz