fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
[Fizinfo] 2nd V4-JST Workshop on “Advanced Materials“ will be held in Warsaw, Poland, on September 17-18th
- From: Biro LP <biro.laszlo AT ttk.mta.hu>
- To: FZINFO <Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: [Fizinfo] 2nd V4-JST Workshop on “Advanced Materials“ will be held in Warsaw, Poland, on September 17-18th
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:17:25 +0200
Szeretnem felhivi az erdekeltek figyelmet az alabbi Workshopra:
2nd V4-JST Workshop on “Advanced Materials”
Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 17-18 September 2014
Followed the success of the 1st V4+Japan science and technology workshop which was organized by the Slovak Academy of Science, International Visegrad Fund and Japan Science and Technology Agency in July 2013 in Slovakia, the Warsaw University of Technology would like to warmly invite you to join the 2nd V4-JST Workshop on "Advanced Materials“, which is organised as the satellite event of the annual international conference E-MRS Fall Meeting that is held in Warsaw on 15-19 September 2014.
Being faced with common challenges the Visegrad (V4) and Japan recognized crucial role of international science, technology and innovation cooperation on the road toward knowledge based economies and societies. In this respect, both sides expressed their intention to support closer interaction of our scientific communities via bilateral links as well as within the V4+Japan schemes adding value to and reflecting well developed EU-Japan science and technology cooperation.
As national funding agencies declare their support for international cooperation between partners from V4 countries and Japan, the specific goal the Warsaw Workshop will be to define topics for the research projects carried out in the cooperation between research institutions and industrial partners. The scope of the workshop will be focused on the Advance Materials divided in four specific topics/fields:
1. Materials for extreme conditions Research fields: multiphase alloys for application in extereme conditions (high temperatures, radioactive environment, aggresive media), thermal barrier and ultrahard coatings.
2. Biomaterials Research fields: materials for regenerative medicine, drug delivery systems, surface engineering of medical devices, novel materials for implants, nanomaterials in medicine and biology, 3D printing
3. Materials for electronics and energy harvesting Research fields: microelectronic, photovoltaic, thermoelectric, laser technology.
4. Lightweight construction materials Research fields: Light construction materials for machine engineering (foam aluminum, composites with metallic matrix, nanostructured materials, metastable metallic alloys).
5. V4-JST Projects. Identify specific topics for the future call for proposals to be launch jointly by Japanese and V4 research funding agencies.
Local Organizing Committee:
Prof. Ma?gorzata Lewandowska Prof. Wojciech S'wie;szkowski Dr. Piotr S'piewak Karolina Statkiewicz (secretary)
Warsaw University of Technology, Pl. Politechniki 1, Warsaw, Poland
Preliminary Workshop Timetable:
9:30 – 10:00 Welcome addresses
10:00 – 11:00 Possibility of funding projects V4-Japan
11:00 – 11:30 Coffee Break
11:30 – 12:00 Session Biomaterials
12:30 – 14:00 Lunch and Networking
14:00 – 15:30 Session Materials for Extreme Environments
15:30 – 16:00 Coffee Break
16:00 – 19:00 Invitation to EMRS Plenary Session
19:00 EMRS Reception
9:00 – 10:30 Session Materials for Electronics and Energy Harvesting
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30 Session Lightweight Materials and Structures
12:30 – 13:00 Special discussion and conclusion
The workshop is free of charge.
For registration and further information, please contact: Ms. Karolina Statkiewicz +48 22 234 85 29 kstatkiewicz AT inmat.pw.edu.pl
Prof. L. P. Biro, PhD, DSc, Corresponding member of the Hungarian Academy of
Research Professor, Head of the Nanostructures Department
MFA Institute for Technical Physics and Materials Science
TTK Research Centre for Natural Sciences
MTA Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Mail: H-1525 Budapest, P.O. Box 49, Hungary
Street: H-1121 Budapest, Konkoly-Thege ut 29-33
Phone: +36-1-3922681 Fax: +36-1-3922226
biro.laszlo AT ttk.mta.hu
- [Fizinfo] 2nd V4-JST Workshop on “Advanced Materials“ will be held in Warsaw, Poland, on September 17-18th, Biro LP, 07/24/2014
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.