fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Tanszeki Szeminarium, ELTE

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Tanszeki Szeminarium, ELTE

  • From: "Nguyen Quang Chinh" <chinh AT metal.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Tanszeki Szeminarium, ELTE
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 00:18:05 +0200

ELTE Fizikai Intézet, Anyagfizikai Tanszék

TANSZÉKI SZEMINÁRIUM

2013. október 22., kedd, reggel 9:00-kor
ELTE Pázmány Péter sétány 1/A alatti épületében,
4.52 (Sas Elemér) teremben

Előadó: Noa Mitsui
(Research Center for Seismology,Volcanology and Disaster Mitigation,
Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University)

„Thermodynamical model of friction”

Property of rock friction has been investigated mainly by laboratory
experiments, and empirical equations have been proposed. Many researches were
looking for the mechanism described by the equations, and most of the proposed
models assume a special shape of the frictional contact surface. The real
contact surfaces, however, do not have any special shape but have small
particles of the medium between them. Thus their assumption is not sufficient
and we aim at understanding the mechanism of the friction in a thermodynamic
framework. As a first step, we focused on the change in dynamic friction
depending on the shear loading rate. First, we summarized the qualitative
properties in experimental data of rock friction. Second, we construct a model
based on thermodynamical constitutive equations. In the presentation, the
mentioned properties are compared with model predictions.

Minden érdeklődőt szívesen várunk.