fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Máté Zoltán <mate AT atomki.mta.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 17:50:11 +0200 (CEST)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézet előadótermében
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2013. június 11-én, KEDDEN 11:00-kor

Nadine Tisnérat-Laborde
and
Christine Hatté

(Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE)
Gif-sur-Yvette, France)

14C in Gif-sur-Yvette: past, present and FUTURE

címmel előadást tartanak.

Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea, vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Kivonat:
The Gif-sur-Yvette Radiocarbon laboratory was established in 1953 and was one
of the first 14C geochronology laboratory. It was set up by the CEA
(Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique) in a laboratory dedicated to low
radioactivity studies, gathering 14C, TL/OSL, U/Th and K/Ar geochronological
approaches. The 14C lab run its first sample in 1954 and then greatly
developed "home-made" ß-counting technology. It acquired an AMS machine in
the early 1980s that closed in 2003. It thus became partner of a French
national facility for the 14C measurement (250 a year), keeping sample
selection and preparation until CO2 as ours. To recover autonomy and entire
quality insurance, the 14C laboratory applied to get funds to acquire a new
AMS machine. It got financial support in 2012 (50% from the French region,
Ile-de-France) and is now working to acquire a MICADAS in collaboration with
ETH Zürich. Since the 1950s the 14C laboratory acts in archeology,
paleoclimatology, paleoceanography and since some years in studies to
understand modern environment and carbon cycle. Our presentation will briefly
overview our installations and show some of our on-going projects.