fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Zoltan Mate <mate AT atomki.mta.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:52:20 +0200 (CEST)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézetének előadótermében
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2012. október 30-án, KEDDEN (!) 11:00-kor

Livius TRACHE
(NIPNE, Bucharest-Magurele and
Texas A&M University, College Station)

Indirect methods in nuclear astrophysics
using Rare Isotope Beam

című előadása hangzik el.
Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea, vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Kivonat:
I review indirect methods that use measurements with rare isotope beams
(RIB) at laboratory energies (10-100 MeV/nucleon) to extract information
that is then employed in nuclear astrophysics. We use data from such large
energies to evaluate reaction cross sections at very low energies:
10s-100s keV. In many cases the indirect methods are our only choice. I
select only a few types of methods, including transfer reactions, nuclear
breakup at intermediate energies and decay spectroscopy. I will insist on
own data from TAMU work and on the need for good theories and codes, as
well as for better data with stable beams/targets, to relate the
experimental data we measure with RIBs to astrophysical S-factors.