fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:49:07 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE TTK Fizikai Intézet
STATISZTIKUS FIZIKAI SZEMINÁRIUM

2012. május 23.
szerda 11 óra

Shibi Thomas

Eötvös Loránd University
Calicut University

"Helical precipitation patterns in reaction-diffusion systems"

We describe our experiments where helical patterns were obtained with
well defined probability. These patterns are similar to the normal
Liesegang patterns except for the emergence of tilted bands in the wake
of a planar moving reaction-front. Phase separation in the wake of a
reaction front mechanism serves as a good model for the helical Liesegang
patterns. It is the interplay of the dynamics of the instabilities and
the noise in the precipitation that is responsible for the emergence of
symmetry breaking helical structures and for their properties. The helix
statistics has been found to be an intrinsic property of the system and
our simulations are in good agreement with the experimental data.

1117. Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A, Északi tömb 2.54
honlap: http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz