fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:13:46 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE Institute of Physics
SEMINARS IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11 am.

Viktória Homonnai

ELTE, Department of Physics of Complex Systems

"On board wind measurements and wind fields from
the ERA data bank: how to resolve apparent discrepancies?"

At the beginning of the year there was an aircraft campaign
on the Arctic to measure the ozone and other components of the
ozone chemistry and meteorological parameters as well. We
access these measurements and compare them with the ECMWF
reanalysis data. First time we made a direct comparison of
wind directions and speeds measured during the flights and the
recording in the ERA-Interim data bank. The two revealed large
differences. We experienced unusual behavior not only compared
to the ERA, but also on the way of the flight. We would like
to understand the reason of such deviations, especially
because many chemical models use the Interim wind fields for
numerical calculations. This work has been done in collaboration
with Péter Kiss and Imre M. Jánosi.

Room 2.54 -- Novobátzky Hall

1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1/A (Northern Block)

To avoid such notes in the future, please

mailto:statfiz AT glu.elte.hu
subject=cancel