fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium

  • From: Zoltan Mate <mate AT namafia.atomki.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Atomki-szeminárium
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:26:09 +0200 (CEST)

Az MTA Atommagkutató Intézetének nagy előadójában
(Debrecen, Bem tér 18/c. 12. ép. III. em.)
2010. június 8-án, KEDDEN 11:00-kor

Shawn Bishop
(Technische Universität München)

Explosive Hydrogen Burning:  Experimental Program at TUM

címmel előadást tart.
Az előadás előtt 10:30-tól tea.
Vendégeket szívesen látunk.

Máté Zoltán

Kivonat:
Explosive hydrogen burning powers such phenomena as novae and x-ray
bursts, and is responsible for the underlying nucleosynthesis in such
events.  Abundance distributions within the freshly synthesized
material, in the form of ejecta (nova) or surface "ashes" (x-ray
burst), are dependent on uncertain, or unknown, (p,g) reaction rates;
so, too, are critical astronomical observables, such as the gamma-ray
flux from the decay of radioactive nuclear species produced by these
events.  This presentation will first give an overview of nuclear
astrophysics and then describe the phenomena as means to motivate the
important nuclear physics quantities necessary for our understanding
of these events.  Following this introduction, I will then put forth
the present status and future plans of experimental nuclear
facilities at TUM designed to measure the critical nuclear physics
quantities necessary for uniquely determining the explosive (p,g)
reaction rates in these events.  Finally, the talk will conclude with
a description of our search for terrestrial super nova
"contamination" in the fossil record.  If time permits, an idea for
searching out primordial nuclear reactors that may have had some
influence on the evolutionary course of life will be touched on.