fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:30:00 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE Institute of Theoretical Physics
SEMINARS IN STATISTICAL PHYSICS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 11 am.

Kirsten Martens
LPMCN, University of Lyon and CNRS, France

AND

Eric Bertin
Physics Laboratory, ENS Lyon and CNRS, France

"Lack of entropy and fluctuation-dissipation temperature out of equilibrium"

Systems away from equilibrium share the common property that their entropy
is lower than the equilibrium entropy at the same average energy. The
corresponding entropy difference (or "lack of entropy") can then be
interpreted as a measure of the distance to equilibrium. In this talk, we
illustrate on simple non-equilibrium mean-field models the role played by
this lack of entropy. We first show how this concept is related to the
dependence of the fluctuation-dissipation temperature on the choice of
observable in driven steady-state systems. As a second example, we discuss
the time evolution of the lack of entropy in the aging regime of a standard
glassy model, namely the trap model.

Room 2.54

1117 Bp. Pazmany P. setany 1A (Northern Block)

To avoid such notes in the future, please

mailto:statfiz AT glu.elte.hu
subject=cancel