fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium

  • From: StatFizSzeminar <statfiz AT glu.elte.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Stat Fiz Szeminarium
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:37:06 +0200

# # # # # #

ELTE TTK Elméleti Fizikai Tanszék
STATISZTIKUS FIZIKAI SZEMINÁRIUM

****************************
Új helyszín: -1.63 sz. terem
****************************

2009. szeptember 16, szerda 11 óra

Giulio Casati
Center for Complex Systems CNR-INFM and
University of Insubria at Como

"Classical and quantum transport:
from Fourier law to thermoelectric efficiency"

The understanding of the underlying dynamical mechanisms which
determines the macroscopic laws of heat conduction is a long standing
task of non-equilibrium statistical mechanics. A better understanding
of such mechanism may also lead to potentially interesting applications
(thermal diodes and thermal transistors) based on the possibility
to control the heat flow. Of particular interest is the problem,
almost completely unexplored, of the derivation of Fourier law
from quantum dynamics. To this end we discuss heat transport in a model
of a quantum interacting spin chain and we provide clear numerical
evidence that Fourier law sets in above the transition to quantum
chaos. Finally we discuss the problem of thermoelectric power generation
and refrigeration and we show that appropriately chosen dynamical models
may lead to thermoelectric engines approaching the Carnot efficiency.

1117 Budapest, Pázmány P. sétány 1A, Északi tömb
-1.63 terem

honlap:
http://glu.elte.hu/~statfiz