fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ
[Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma
- From: "Varga Imre" <varga AT galilei.phy.bme.hu>
- To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu, matematikusok AT math.bme.hu
- Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:56:31 +0200
- List-archive: <http://mailman.kfki.hu/pipermail/fizinfo>
- List-id: ELFT HÍRADÓ <fizinfo.lists.kfki.hu>
a BME Fizikai Intezet, Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
S.N. Bose Centre for Basic Sciences
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
"Sand in a Jam"
Helye: BME Fizikai Intezet,
Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
Budafoki ut 8.
F-epulet, III. lepcsohaz, mfszt. Szeminariumi szoba
Ideje: 2008. majus 23. pentek, 10:15.
Kivonat: Granular dynamics are by now well known to consist of both
fast and slow
relaxational processes. I will first outline several structural
features that we have
established; these include, most recently, the formation of stable
bridges, which are
signatures of spatiotemporal inhomogeneities. I will review their
characteristics obtained via theory and independent simulations, and
speculate on their
relationship to force chains. In the second part of the talk, I will
look specifically at
models of granular compaction, presenting a random graph model used
compaction near jamming. The compaction curve shows distinct reasons
and slow dynamics apply, separated by the single-particle relaxation
I will present a model of a jammed column of grains, which exhibits
heterogeneity in its dynamics. Major results include: an entropic
landscape that, while
microscopically rough, manifests Edwards' flatness at a macroscopic
level; and the
manifestation of intermittent dynamics in the fully jammed base of
the column as the
system reaches one of many metastable attractors.
Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.
- [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma, Varga Imre, 05/06/2008
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma, Varga Imre, 05/13/2008
- [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma, Varga Imre, 05/19/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.