fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Physics in our times event: Europhysics Letters Symposium (fwd)

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Physics in our times event: Europhysics Letters Symposium (fwd)

  • From: Szalay Kati <szalay AT sunserv.kfki.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Physics in our times event: Europhysics Letters Symposium (fwd)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 13:53:04 +0200 (MEST)

----- Original Message -----
From: Graeme Watt
<info AT epljournal.org>
To:
patkos AT ludens.elte.hu
Subj: Physics in our times event, Paris

I am pleased to invite you to the forthcoming international symposium:

Physics in our times: how will it evolve and what are the major remaining
challenges?

Being held at the Fondation Del Duca de l'Institut de France, Paris on
Thursday 10 May, this symposium celebrates current scientific achievement
and looks forward to the development of physics over the next 20 years.

The guest speakers for this special event include key members of the
scientific research community:

Ernst-Ludwig Winnacker - Secretary General European Research Council
Edouard Brezin - Ancien President de l'Academie des Sciences
Serge Haroche - Ecole Normale Superieure and College de France
Dieter Vollhardt - Universitat Augsburg
Jacques Prost - Ecole Superieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles
Alvaro de Rujula - CERN
Denis Jerome - Editor in Chief of EPL
Volker Dose - new Editor-in-Chief of EPL

We hope that you will be able to join us at what promises to be an
extremely interesting event.

Further information on the event can be found at
http://herald.iop.org/EPL/m196/crk//deliver/Physics_in_our_times_invitation.pdf

RSVP - If you will be attending, please let us know by Monday 16 April 2007.

With best wishes

Graeme Watt
Executive Editor, EPL

  • [Fizinfo] Physics in our times event: Europhysics Letters Symposium (fwd), Szalay Kati, 04/02/2007