fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

  • From: Varga Imre <varga AT neumann.phy.bme.hu>
  • To: balint AT math.bme.hu, dtp AT newton.phy.bme.hu, jofri AT math.bme.hu, szasz AT math.bme.hu, mogy AT math.bme.hu, petz AT math.bme.hu, pf AT szfki.hu, bu AT szfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 13:03:28 +0100

MEGHIVO
a BME Fizikai Intezet, Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
szeminariumara:

Borda Laszlo
BME, Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek

"Kondo screening cloud in a one-dimensional wire"

Abstract: We study the Kondo model - a magnetic impurity coupled to a
one
dimensional wire via exchange coupling - by using Wilson's numerical
renormalization group (NRG) technique. By applying an approach
similar to
which was used to compute the two impurity problem we managed to
improve
the bad spatial resolution of the numerical renormalization group
method.
In this way we have calculated the impurity spin - conduction
electron
spin correlation function which is a measure of the Kondo
compensation
cloud whose existence has been a long standing problem in solid state
physics. We also present results on the temperature dependence of the
Kondo correlations.

Helye: BME Fizikai Intezet,
Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
Budafoki ut 8.
F-epulet, III. lepcsohaz, mfszt. Szeminariumi szoba

Ideje: 2007. februar 9. pentek, 10:15.

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

Varga Imre