fizinfo - [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma

  • From: Varga Imre <varga AT neumann.phy.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Cc: dtp AT phy.bme.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] BME Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek szeminariuma
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:21:06 +0100 (CET)

MEGHIVO

a BME Fizikai Intezet, Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
szeminariumara:

Christoph Strunk
Institute for Experimental and Applied Physics
University of Regensburg

"Bandstructure effects in multiwall carbon nanotubes"

Helye: BME Fizikai Intezet,
Elmeleti Fizika Tanszek
Budafoki ut 8.
F-epulet, III. lepcsohaz, magasfoldszint
szeminariumi szoba

Ideje: 2004. november 5. pentek, 10:15.

Abstract: We report conductance measurements on multiwall carbon
nanotubes in parallel and perpendicular magnetic field. A gate
electrode with large capacitance is used to considerably vary the
nanotube Fermi level. This enables us to search for signatures of
the unique electronic band structure of the nanotubes in the
regime of diffusive quantum transport. We find an unusual
quenching of the magneto-conductance and the zero bias anomaly in
the differential conductance at certain gate voltages, which can
be linked to the onset of quasi-one-dimensional subbands.

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.

Varga Imre