fizinfo - [Fizinfo] ATOMKI-szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] ATOMKI-szeminarium

  • From: Zoltan Mate <mate AT moon.atomki.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu, hnucsoc AT sunserv.kfki.hu, "KLTE-Elm.Fiz."@moon.atomki.hu, "KLTE-Kis.Fiz."@moon.atomki.hu, potornai AT tigris.unideb.hu, weil AT moon.atomki.hu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] ATOMKI-szeminarium
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:53:19 +0100 (MET)

Az MTA Atommagkutato Intezetenek nagyeloadojaban
(Debrecen, Bem ter 18/c. 12. ep. III. em.)
2004. januar 8-an, csutortokon 11:00 orakor

Paul-Henri Heenen
(Universite Libre de Bruxelles)

Beyond Skyrme mean-field: Why and How

cimmel eloadast tart.
Vendegeket szivesen latunk.
A hirdetes keseseert elnezest kerek.

Debrecen, 2004. januar 7.

Mate Zoltan

Abstract:
The Hartree-Fock Bogoliubov method with effective interactions has been
extremely successful in the description of the properties of exotic nuclei.
However, to work in an intrinsic system of reference has several drawbacks
and is justified only for nuclei with well defined deformation. The main
deficiencies of the wave functions are that they are not eigenstates of
angular momentum and particle number and that they have a fixed deformation.
A single framework permits to cure these deficiencies: the generator
coordinate method, which is equivalent to a configuration mixing method.
I will show how this can be done in the particular mean-field method based
on Skyrme interactions and on a discretization on a 3-dimensional mesh that
has been developed by the Brussels-Paris collaboration. On specific
examples, I will compare calculations of spectra and transition
probabilities directory in the laboratory frame of reference to
experimental data. Finally, I will discuss how to calculate systematically
the correlation energies due to angular momentum projection and to
quadrupolar vibrations in order to incorporate them in a microscopic
theory of nuclear masses.