fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Termodinamikai Tea

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Termodinamikai Tea

  • From: Van Peter <vpet AT phyndi.fke.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Termodinamikai Tea
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:32:41 +0100

-----------------------
28. Termodinamikai Tea

2003, november 21. pentek, 14.00
BME, Kemiai Fizika Tanszek, F ep. III lcsh. I em., jobbra

Vito Antonio Cimmelli (University of Basilicata, Italy)

On the causality requirement for diffusive-hyperbolic systems in
non-equilibrium thermodynamics

Abstract:

The classical Newtonian mechanics does not imply any limit for
the speeds of propagation of thermomechanical disturbances.
However, the physicists firmly believe that the differential
equations of nature should exclude instantaneous propagation and,
therefore, they should be cast in the hyperbolic form. Yet, some
equations of classical continuum mechanics and thermodynamics,
those of Navier-Stokes and Fourier, are parabolic. Moreover,
parabolic theories are easier to handle and also allow the
application of certain useful mathematical techniques. In
continuum theories the above mentioned questions are strongly
connected to a causality requirement of the constitutive
equations. This problem constitutes the subject of this
presentation. We prove that, if the solution of the classical
heat equation is interpreted in the light of the basic
experimental assumptions, then it leads to a finite speed of
propagation of thermal disturbances. This result will help us to
provide a weak formulation of the Causality Constitutive
Principle. Finally we apply this point of view to derive and
investigate generalized models of heat conduction
(diffusive-hyperbolic, gradient).
--------------------------------

Kozreadta: Van Peter

Tarsulati belepesrol informacio az ELFT-nel (T: 1-2018682,
E:
mail.elft AT mtesz.hu),
vagy nalam
(vpet AT phyndi.fke.bme.hu).
Honlapunk: www.kfki.hu/~elftterm

Kozreadta: Van Peter

  • [Fizinfo] Termodinamikai Tea, Van Peter, 11/14/2003