fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Mechanika szeminarium

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Mechanika szeminarium

  • From: Gyorgy Karolyi <karolyi AT tas.me.bme.hu>
  • To: fizinfo AT sunserv.kfki.hu, rradnai AT mta.mmsz.hu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Mechanika szeminarium
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:36:04 +0200

MEGHIVO

a BME Tartoszerkezetek Mechanikaja Tanszek es a
BME Muszaki Mechanikai Tanszek altal kozosen szervezett
Mechanika szeminarium
kovetkezo eloadasara

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Paolo M. Mariano
(Universita di Roma La Sapienza)

Strain localization due to crack-microcrack interactions:
X-FEM for a multifield approach

2003. oktober 14. kedd, 10.30 ora

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Az eloadas helye:

BME Muszaki Mechanikai Tanszek
MM epulet, konyvtar

Az eloadas tartalma:
The interaction between a macrocrack and a population of
microcracks is analyzed by adapting the eXtended Finite Element Method
(X-FEM) to a multifield model of microcracked bodies. In the range of
linear constitutive equations, we find that microcracks induce around the
tip of a macrocrack strain localization zones before the possible evolution
of the macrocrack itself. These zones are prominent as the matter become
softer and softer. Our numerical analysis deal only with the static
behavior of the macrocrack, without considering the growth of it. However,
the strain localization zones obtained are indicators toward the
irreversible growth of the crack. These effects can be recognized
experimentally and cannot be predicted by standard homogenization
procedures within the setting of linear constitutive equations. Comparison
with standard FE analysis is also shown. We evaluate the values of a
version of the J-integral appropriate to the multifield model treated here
and also develop numerical experiments with uniform and non-uniform meshes.

The results are collected basically in a long paper with Furio Stazi now in
press in Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng.

A szeminarium honlapja:
http://www.me.bme.hu/esemeny/szilszem/index.html

Minden erdeklodot szivesen latunk.