fizinfo - [Fizinfo] EPS-12 vitafórumok

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] EPS-12 vitafórumok

  • From: "Horvath Dezso, CERN, +41 22 767-6128" <horvath AT sunserv.kfki.hu>
  • To: Fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] EPS-12 vitafórumok
  • Date: Tue Jul 2 09:46:00 2002

Dear Colleagues and Friends of Physics,

The 12th General Conference of the European Physical Society "Trends
in Physics" (EPS-12) will be held in Budapest, Hungary, 26-30 August
2002. Let us call your attention to an accompanying event, the
so-called EUROTRON Conference, providing the international physics
community with the scientific highlights of EPS-12, enabling a virtual
presence and participation in the main events of the scientific
meeting:

http://www.eps12.kfki.hu/eurotron/

The Eurotron Conference is supported by the European Commission,
programme "High Level Scientific Conferences". It will be envisaged
to provide the widest participation not only during the actual
lectures and round-table discussions but also to keep the audio-visual
material available archived on the Web for an extended period of time
even after EPS-12.

The programme of the Eurotron conference is planned to include
web-casting (broadcasting via the World Wide Web, another by-product
of contemporary physics) the plenary sessions for those who cannot
come personally to Budapest. After the conference the plenary talks
will be archived at the EPS-12 Eurotron web-site.

In the framework of the Eurotron conference we shall open two electronic
discussion forums for participants and for everybody interested in physics.

The EPS-12 plenary discussion forum is a virtual extension to the plenary
talks. Usually, how plenary talks overview areas of science is left to the
discretion of the speaker. In order to make the plenary sessions even more
interesting and lively the conference organizers wish to collect questions
to the plenary speakers from as wide an audience as possible. With this in
mind we call you to send us questions, remarks to the plenary speakers on
the topics of their talks. For this purpose you can use the E-mail address:

EPS12-plenary AT lists.kfki.hu

Please specify in your message to which plenary speaker you intend your
question or comment.

All questions and comments relevant to the topic of the conference - in
addition to bringing them to the attention of the relevant speaker - will
appear in the Plenary Discussion Page linked to the Conference www-page so
that lively discussion could inform the speakers what questions should the
public like to discuss. The plenary speakers are not expected to directly
answer your questions, of course.

Within the framework of both EPS-12 and Eurotron we plan to organise a
roundtable discussion on the future of Scientific Research and
particularly Physics in Europe. We are now calling for questions to be
asked at this discussion forum as well. These messages are expected by
E-mail at

EPS12-roundtable AT lists.kfki.hu

and will also be archived and linked to the conference site. Moreover,
we encourage you to make this site (and the list) a real discussion
forum: the question raised by a colleague can immediately be
answered by others and so interesting discussions be born.

The roundtable discussion will also be web-casted and we shall make it
possible also for those who follow it from outside the conference hall
to send questions during the discussion and those chosen by the
newsgroup moderator will immediately be presented to the discussion
leader.

To participate in any of the two discussion forums just go to the web page

http://www.eps12.kfki.hu/eurotron/disforum.html

and read, contribute, subscribe. You will get further information only
if you enlist using the form provided in the above WWW page.

We are looking forward to receiving your subscription, questions and
comments.

Sincerely yours:

The Organizers

PS. We should like to distribute this circular to the widest possible
interested audience. Therefore, we ask you to forward it to your
colleagues who may not have received it. At the same time we apologize
for it if for the same reason you received this message more than
once.

  • [Fizinfo] EPS-12 vitafórumok, Horvath Dezso, CERN, +41 22 767-6128, 07/02/2002