mix AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community
- From: 郑国东 <gdzhbj AT mail.iggcas.ac.cn>
- To: 马向贤 <maxxan04 AT 163.com>, 胥旺 <1571637453 AT qq.com>, 梁明亮 <liangmingl09 AT mails.ucas.ac.cn>, 张力 <1102368430 AT qq.com>, "wasim.sajjad658" <wasim.sajjad658 AT gmail.com>
- Cc: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: Re: [Mix] Free MossWinn Training Course
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 17:40:13 +0800 (GMT+08:00)
发件人:"wangjh AT dicp.ac.cn" <wangjh AT dicp.ac.cn>
发送时间:2022-11-12 11:27:26 (星期六)
收件人: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
主题: [Mix] Free MossWinn Training Course
M I X - B U L L E T I N
News and views within the Mossbauer Community
Authors bear full responsibility for their contributions
Dear colleagues, hello everyone!
Thank you for your long-term support to the Mossbauer Effect Data Center. In
recent years, we have had the privilege of working with Dr. Zoltán Klencsár
and developed a brand new Mossbauer database system and added some new
features to the database. The development of the new features of our database
still is continuing, please continue to pay attention to and support.
This email is to give you a completely free MossWinn spectrum fitting
software (http://www.mosswinn.com/english/index.html) training information,
by Dr. Zoltán Klencsár in English and MEDC's staff Dr. Rile Ge in Chinese
with a combination of online and on site styles, interested colleagues
welcome to arrange time to sign up, or arrange your team posdocs, doctoral
students, master students and young scholars to sign up. The attachment is
the registration form, the deadline is Nov. 22th, 2022. For enquiry about
this training course, please email to: medc AT dicp.ac.cn.
Nov. 24th, 2022
Introduction to Mossbauer spectrometer & MossWinn
Dr. Zoltán Klencsár
Nov. 25th, 2022
Mossbauer spectroscopy technique & Fitting & Database
Dr. Rile Ge
As we know, Dr. Zoltán Klencsár is the developer of MossWinn spectrum fitting
software, and his lectures mainly may include these aspects:
- Introduction to the main Mössbauer spectrometer setups (transmission,
- Introduction to the hyperfine interactions (hyperfine magnetic interaction,
quadrupole interaction, isomer shift) and to their appearance in the
- Explanation of unfolded spectra and the folding and reversal procedures.
- Introduction of topics related to the calibration of the velocity axis.
- Introduction of MossWinn's data formats and special data formats.
- Introduction of MossWinn's project system, and the meaning of red, green,
blue and gray framed windows.
- Introduction of the FIT menu capabilities: setting up a model in the FIT
menu (large topic, among others including distributions and the MIDB)
- Evaluation functions of the fit (chi-square, sum of squares, absolute
- Introduction of the FIT menu capabilities: calibration of the velocity axis
via fitting in the FIT menu.
- Introduction of the FIT menu capabilities: fitting a single calibrated
spectrum (local tuning, global search)
- Calculation of the standard error of fit parameters.
- Simultaneous fitting of several spectra, exporting the results from the FIT
- Application of external DLL libraries.
- Transmission integral.
- Some further examples.
Some of the above would be on pptx slides others he would present live in
MossWinn. The audience would have a demo version of MossWinn in which the
steps he present could be made on their own computer, but through the
internet he could not do a practice-like lecture where he help the audience
to carry out the same steps that he am presenting.
The lecture of Dr. Rile Ge would focus more on the practical aspects by
letting the audience do actual calibrations and spectrum fittings and how to
use the MEDC database, as she could help the audience more efficiently on the
With best wishes,
Prof. & Dr. Junhu Wang
Secretary General, Mössbauer Effect Data Center
Director, Center for Advanced Mössbauer Spectroscopy (DNL2005)
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences
457 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116023, China
Email: wangjh AT dicp.ac.cn
"Submit a paper into the Special Issue of Catalysts:
Advances in Catalytic Oxidation of Methane and Carbon Monoxide
MIX mailing list
Submissions: mix AT lists.kfki.hu
Managing subscriptions: https://mailman.kfki.hu/sympa/info/mix
Public list archive: https://mailman.kfki.hu/sympa/arc/mix
MIX is a free and voluntary service of the
Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Budapest, Hungary
MIX is part of the emerging Mössbauer Effect Knowledge Center,
a project of the
Mössbauer Effect Data Center, Dalian, China (http://www.medc.dicp.ac.cn/)
supported by the
International Board on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect
Editors: Dénes L. Nagy (nagy.denes AT wigner.hu) and Zoltán Németh
(nemeth.z AT wigner.hu)
- [Mix] Free MossWinn Training Course, wangjh AT dicp.ac.cn, 11/12/2022
- Re: [Mix] Free MossWinn Training Course, 郑国东, 11/13/2022
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.