mix - [Mix] 37th International Conference on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect, ICAME 2023

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] 37th International Conference on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect, ICAME 2023

  • From: Eventos ICAME 2023 Universidad de Antioquia <icame2023 AT udea.edu.co>
  • To: mix AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Mix] 37th International Conference on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect, ICAME 2023
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:39:10 -0500

*Dear colleagues:*

On behalf of the Colombian Mössbauer Community, it is our great pleasure to
invite you to attend the *37th International Conference on the Applications
of the Mössbauer Effect*, *ICAME 2023*, which will be held in Cartagena de
Indias, Colombia, from September 3 to 8 in 2023. The conference is *organized
by the Colombian Mössbauer Community*, which is composed by researchers
from different universities in Colombia, and we have the advice of the *Latin
American and the International Mössbauer Communities*.

*Cartagena* is known as the “Heroic city” where its history and culture
give visitors a unique magical experience. The fortifications stand as the
most complete of its kind in South America, an example of the military
architecture of XVI, XVII and XVIII centuries. The city is home to cultural
festivals such as the Cartagena International Music Festival. Named a World
Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1984, Cartagena de Indias is an outdoor museum
of the Spanish Colonial period. The city offers visitors the opportunity to
walk along its colorful streets and plazas; discover the history of its
churches and mansions, surrounded by 11 kilometers of colonial city walls.
It is a city of sea breezes, colorful sunsets and exquisite gastronomy. It
is a popular tourist destination; it hosts large conferences and present a
low risk for foreign visitors.

The *social program* will include welcome reception, city tour, conference
dinner and social event.

The *scientific program* will cover the traditional topics of the previous
ICAME conferences. Besides the key lectures, IBAME senior and young awarded
lecturers, invited conferences, and oral and poster presentations, we are
also planning the international school on Mössbauer spectroscopy, an
international forum on the impact of Mössbauer spectroscopy on the
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of the United Nations (UN), we will
promote the women participation, and dedicate a special session for young
researchers. The program of the conference will be articulated with several
of the SDG of UN to transform our world. For more information, we kindly
invite you to visit the *conference web site*.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Cartagena and hope you have a
successful and stimulating conference.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Cesar Augusto Barrero Meneses,

Dr. Germán Antonio Pérez Alcázar,

Dr. Álvaro Andrés Velásquez Torres,

*Contact:* icame2023 AT udea.edu.co

*Conference Web Site: *
https://www.udea.edu.co/wps/portal/udea/web/inicio/campanas/icame-2023

--
"La información aquí contenida es para uso exclusivo de la persona o
entidad de destino. Está estrictamente prohibida su utilización, copia,

--
UdeA

  • [Mix] 37th International Conference on the Applications of the Mössbauer Effect, ICAME 2023, Eventos ICAME 2023 Universidad de Antioquia, 03/16/2022