mix - [Mix] Cancellation of LACAME 2020

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Cancellation of LACAME 2020

  • From: Edson Passamani Caetano <edson AT cce.ufes.br>
  • To: mix AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Cc: passamaniec AT yahoo.com.br
  • Subject: [Mix] Cancellation of LACAME 2020
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 15:59:37 -0300

Dear Colleagues from Mössbauer Community,

First, we hope that you all, including your families, are healthy and safe
(the social distance process is probably something that most of us never
thought before that could occur!).

Since March of 2020, the LACAME´20 (Latin American Conference on the
Applications of the Mössbauer Effect) organizers have been closely monitoring
the worldwide situation about COVID-19 in order to take the best choices and
decisions on the Conference planning, of course, always taking in mind that
the well-being of all Conference participants is our top priority.

Therefore, considering that (i) the Coronavirus will be widespread in 2020,
(ii) the vaccine will probably not be available this year, (iii) most foreign
participants belongs to the risk group, (iv) the LACAMEs occur in even years,
while the ICAMES in odd years and (v) to avoid superposition of international
conferences with the same subject, the Latin American Committee and the
organizers of LACAME`20 made the tough decision to cancel the Conference,
originally scheduled to be held on October 25-30, 2020 in Vitória/Brazil,
and, to postpone to 2022 (LACAME´22).

We would like to thank you all for your patience, mainly those possible
participants that have already sent their abstracts to the conference.
Following requests by the committee members of LAC, the organizers of
LACAME`20 understood that the cancellation is the best decision for everyone
at this moment.

We wish all the best for the entire Mossbauer community and hope that
everyone be well. We also hope to meet you in 2022 in Vitória/Brazil

Yours sincerely,

Edson Passamani Caetano

PS: If you receive this message more than once, sorry for that!