mix - [Mix] ICAME video: 3 seeds of inspiration from the DFT community to the Mössbauer community

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] ICAME video: 3 seeds of inspiration from the DFT community to the Mössbauer community

  • From: Stefaan Cottenier <Stefaan.Cottenier AT UGent.be>
  • To: "mix AT lists.kfki.hu" <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] ICAME video: 3 seeds of inspiration from the DFT community to the Mössbauer community
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 03:03:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: nl-BE, en-US

Dear colleagues,

A few weeks ago, I sent you via MIX a survey to get some inside information
from your community about Mössbauer fitting codes. This was meant as raw
material to create a talk for ICAME. Many thanks to those of you who have
taken the time to fill out the survey, it was very useful for me.

To return the favour, you can watch here the video of that talk:
https://youtu.be/_TTWChxdpss .
(For the Chinese colleagues who cannot access Youtube: a copy on Youku will
follow – see address underneath. Please allow me some time for that.)

Some parts of the survey are explicitly discussed in the talk. At the very
end, I’ve added a few extra slides with more comments that appeared in the
survey responses.

The core message of this talk is 3 suggestions for actions in the Mössbauer
community. I hope you feel inspired by this. From the discussions at ICAME,
it appeared that several people are willing to take up the challenge.

Feel free to send your comments or questions on this talk to MIX. I
understood that there is the wish that MIX should be more a higher-traffic
scientific discussion list rather than only a low-traffic announcement list.
This would be a good case to try having a community-wide discussion.

Best regards,
Stefaan

--
Stefaan Cottenier
Department of Electrical Energy, Metals, Mechanical Constructions and Systems

check my MOOCs:
http://www.hyperfinecourse.org
http://www.compmatphys.org

my conference talks on Youtube: http://goo.gl/P2b1Hs
for China: http://i.youku.com/cottenierlectures

http://molmod.ugent.be
http://www.ugent.be/ea/dmse/en
email: stefaan.cottenier AT ugent.be<mailto:stefaan.cottenier AT ugent.be>

  • [Mix] ICAME video: 3 seeds of inspiration from the DFT community to the Mössbauer community, Stefaan Cottenier, 09/07/2019