mix - [Mix] Passing away of Krzysztof Ruebenbauer

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Passing away of Krzysztof Ruebenbauer

  • From: "Nagy, Denes Lajos" <nagy.denes AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] Passing away of Krzysztof Ruebenbauer
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 01:03:11 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Colleagues,

I am cross-posting an extract of a mail by the Polish representatives of IBAME reporting on Krzysztof Ruebenbauer's passing. An extended obituary will follow.

D.L. Nagy

Dear All,

with great sadness we have just been informed that our colleague and friend Krzysztof Ruebenbauer passed away, unexpectedly for us, last Monday, April 23. at age 70. His burial ceremony takes place on Friday, April 27 in Cracow at the Rakowicki Cemetery.

Just recently, owing to Krzysztof's activity, the Polish Society of Mossbauer Spectroscopy was officially funded and registered in Cracow (http://www.ptsm-mossbauer.us.edu.pl/index.php) and he was elected as the first President of that Society. At the last ICAME 2017 meeting, held in Saint Petersburg, he has given an exciting invited talk entitled 'Dynamics of Ternary Cu-Fe-S2 Nanoparticles Stabilized by Organic Ligands'. Krzysztof and his great scientific achievements will be living in our hearts and memories.

Sincerely yours,
Krzysztof Szymanski,
Kazimierz Latka
Polish representatives of IBAME