mix - [Mix] IBAME Awards

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] IBAME Awards

  • From: Michael Reissner <reissner AT ifp.tuwien.ac.at>
  • To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] IBAME Awards
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 01:10:28 +0200 (CEST)

Dear colleague,

IBAME, the International Board on the Applications of Mössbauer Effect rewards two merit based prizes:

1) the IBAME Young Scientist Award for researchers up to the age of 35, for high quality contribution to science based on research that involves application of the Mössbauer Effect and

2) the IBAME Science Award for a high quality contribution to science based on research that involves application of the Mössbauer Effect over an extended period of at least 20 years.

Nominations should be submitted by two persons active in research related to applications of the Mössbauer Effect, at least one of whom is a current IBAME member.

Nominations to the IBAME secretary should include: one page CV; list of publications with those involving the Mössbauer Effect highlighted; and one page statement of importance of research and significance of the Mössbauer Effect to the research. Self nominations are not permitted.

The recipients of an IBAME Science Award (Young Scientist Award; Science Award) will be announced about six to eight months before ICAME. Awardees will be invited to present a talk at ICAME.

As we are now 14 months in advance to the next ICAME meeting at Hamburg I want to ask you to send me your nominations. I am sure there are many candidates for such awards. The nominations should reach me no later than 1. October 2014. The nominations will go to the award committee, which consists of the IBAME executive members and the elected members Campbell and Klingelhöfer. The decision should be made until the end of the year, so that the candidates can be invited to the next ICAME meeting.

Please disseminate this call to all Mössbauer scientists in your country.

Yours sincerely

Michael Reissner

Secretary IBAME

________________________

Prof.Dr.Michael Reissner

Vienna University of Technology

Institute of Solid State Physics

Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10/138

A-1040   Wien

AUSTRIA

Phone: +43 1 58801 13772

FAX: +43 1 58801 13899

E-Mail:
reissner AT ifp.tuwien.ac.at

  • [Mix] IBAME Awards, Michael Reissner, 09/09/2014