mix - [Mix] Saburo Nasu

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Saburo Nasu

  • From: "Nagy, Denes Lajos" <nagy.denes AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] Saburo Nasu
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 01:21:00 +0200 (CEST)

In Memoriam Saburo Nasu

It is with deepest sadness that the International Board on the Applications of the Mossbauer Effect (IBAME) announces the passing of its former Member

Professor Emeritus Saburo Nasu

Osaka University, Japan

who died on 16 April 2014.

We shall miss him. Our thoughts are with his family.

Below find a sort report by Prof. Ko Mibu. A more detailed memorial address will follow soon.

D.L. Nagy
Chair, IBAME

Dear IBAME members,

It is very sad to announce it, but I inform you that Dr. Saburo Nasu, a Professor Emeritus of Osaka University in Japan, an ex-Japan’s representative of IBAME, passed away at 12:28 on April 16th (Wed) JST because of pneumonia.

The funeral ceremony will be taken place from 11:30 on April 18th (Fri) JST at a funeral hall, Belco-city Nada (TEL +81 78 871 4242, FAX +81 78 871 4249), in Kobe, Japan.

A memorial address will be send to you from his old colleague, Dr. Yutaka Yoshida, in a couple of weeks.

Sincerely yours,

Ko Mibu
(Japan’s representative of IBAME)

Prof. Ko MIBU
Graduate School of Engineering
Nagoya Institute of Technology
Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan
Room 407, BLDG 21
TEL: +81 52 735 7904
E-mail:
k_mibu AT nitech.ac.jp

  • [Mix] Saburo Nasu, Nagy, Denes Lajos, 04/18/2014