mix - [Mix] Attila Vertes (1934-2011)

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Attila Vertes (1934-2011)

  • From: "Nagy, Denes Lajos" <nagy.denes AT wigner.mta.hu>
  • To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] Attila Vertes (1934-2011)
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:46:46 +0100 (CET)

Dear Colleagues,

it is with deepest sadness and sorrow that I announce the unexpected passing of Prof. Attila Vértes. Attila died suddenly on 31 December 2011 in Budapest, due to an acute infection. I met him a few days before Christmas at the University. Attila was absolutely fine, we spoke about common plans in research and he was, as always, full of optimism.

We shall miss him. Our thoughts are with his family.

Attached you will find an obituary written by his closest colleague, Prof. Ernö Kuzmann.

Dénes L. Nagy
Chair, IBAME

  • [Mix] Attila Vertes (1934-2011), Nagy, Denes Lajos, 01/04/2012