mix - [Mix] Hercilio Rechenberg

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Hercilio Rechenberg

  • From: Nagy Denes Lajos <nagy AT rmki.kfki.hu>
  • To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] Hercilio Rechenberg
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:37:22 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Colleagues,

it is with great sadness that I announce the unexpected passing of Prof. Hercilio Rechenberg that I have learned about recently. Last week, many of us met and spoke to Hercilio at ICAME 2009 in Vienna. He died suddenly, due to heart problems, the day before yesterday in Budapest, on his way back to Sao Paolo.

Hercilio was a distinguished member of the Mössbauer Community, an outstanding scholar and researcher, who was part of the organisation of several remarkable Mössbauer conferences, i.a., of ICAME'97 in Rio.

We shall miss him. Our thoughts are with his family.

Dénes L. Nagy
Chair, IBAME

  • [Mix] Hercilio Rechenberg, Nagy Denes Lajos, 07/28/2009