mix AT lists.kfki.hu
Subject: Discussion journal of the Mossbauer Community
- From: Nagy Denes Lajos <nagy AT rmki.kfki.hu>
- To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
- Subject: [Mix] Hercilio Rechenberg
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:37:22 +0200 (CEST)
- List-archive: <http://mailman.kfki.hu/pipermail/mix>
- List-id: Discussion journal of the Mossbauer Community <mix.lists.kfki.hu>
it is with great sadness that I announce the unexpected passing of Prof. Hercilio Rechenberg that I have learned about recently. Last week, many of us met and spoke to Hercilio at ICAME 2009 in Vienna. He died suddenly, due to heart problems, the day before yesterday in Budapest, on his way back to Sao Paolo.
Hercilio was a distinguished member of the Mössbauer Community, an outstanding scholar and researcher, who was part of the organisation of several remarkable Mössbauer conferences, i.a., of ICAME'97 in Rio.
We shall miss him. Our thoughts are with his family.
Dénes L. Nagy
- [Mix] Hercilio Rechenberg, Nagy Denes Lajos, 07/28/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.