mix - [Mix] Successful launch of the new MIX list

mix AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal of the Mössbauer Community

[Mix] Successful launch of the new MIX list

  • From: Nagy Denes Lajos <nagy AT rmki.kfki.hu>
  • To: MIX <mix AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Mix] Successful launch of the new MIX list
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:55:05 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Colleagues,

three days (including a week-end) have passed since the launch of the
re-activated MIX list and the number of subscribers is already close to
hundred, i.e., about half of the last figure of the old MIX service. The
following is a breakdown of the subscribers according to countries:

Argentina 1
Australia 1
Austria 2
Belarus 2
Brazil 9
Canada 3
China 1
Columbia 1
Denmark 4
Finland 1
France 5
Germany 5
Hungary 7
India 5
Israel 2
Italy 1
Japan 3
Peru 1
Poland 7
Portugal 2
Russia 4
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 2
South Africa 1
Spain 3
United Kingdom 6
USA 13
------------------
Total 93

It seems that many of our colleagues have overlooked the fact that, by
having received the circular, they have not yet automatically registered
to the MIX list. As indicated in the circular, it was a one-time action
and we are not going to post unwanted mails. Therefore I kindly ask you,
as obviously experienced list users :-) to explain your colleagues how to
register to the MIX service.

Let me anyway encourage you to start posting your communications to the
list. Indeed, already the figure of about hundred subscribers covers a
non-negligible part of the worldwide Mossbauer Community.

With best regards,

Denes L. Nagy

  • [Mix] Successful launch of the new MIX list, Nagy Denes Lajos, 05/22/2006