ion - [Ion] General Ionex Tandetron model 4110A (1 MV terminal)

ion AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: Discussion journal for the Ion Beam Community

[Ion] General Ionex Tandetron model 4110A (1 MV terminal)

  • From: Luncun Wei <l_wei51 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ion AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Ion] General Ionex Tandetron model 4110A (1 MV terminal)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,
I have a General Ionex Tandetron model 4110A (1 MV
terminal voltage) system that I bought from Agilent
Technologies(Former HP) and I was planning to use it
for ion beam analysis and high energy ion
implantation, but due to the situation change, now I
don't need it any more. If you are interested in this
machine, please let me know.
The system is installed now. I tested the high
voltage,
the vacuum system and the RBS data acquisition system,
all work fine. I started the duoplasma source, and it
works, I didn't try to get the beam to the ion beam
analysis chamber yet.
I filled the tank with about 30PSI SF6 and there is no
leaks.
All system is complete and working.
If you are interested in this system or you need more
information about this system, please fell free to let
me know. I have a lot of pictures of this system. I
attach a detailed description below.
Thanks,

Luncun Wei

RBS Materials Analysis Lab
2958 Scott Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Email:
l_wei51 AT yahoo.com
Phone: 408-398-2859

General Ionex Tandetron model 4110A (1 MV terminal)
Injector hardware
Duoplasmatron source with Tantalum aperture, freon
cooling and coolant flow interlock. This was updated
in the late '80s after a cooling system failure caused
destruction of original energy filter consisting of
two 45( magnetic sectors with included Lithium charge
exchange cell lithium canal has final Ionex updated
design a/o ~1992, a la Dave O'Brien
Custom Faraday cup at accelerator injection port,
in-house design
Pumping system Leybold Heraeus TMP360 turbomolecular
pump with D16A roughing pump
Injector electronics
Complete original source control
Updated high voltage supply (Glassman solid state)
Eurotherm controller for Li canal temperature
Panel mounted Freon refrigerator for Duoplasmatron
Accelerator
Tandem accelerator with charge exchange drift region
and Varian leak valve on terminal
New accelerator column was purchased in 1986 after
original failed catastrophically capacitive ladder
with diode stacks.
One-piece welded 'T' high pressure tank with relief
valve
Updated solid-state high voltage power supply driver,
updated ~1990
High energy extension
Triplet quadrupole focusing lens with New Glassman MK
high voltage supplies
Beam line magnet ANAC model 3452, 0.9T @48A (~2kW)
6269A HP Power Supply
Five beam ports (0(, ±15º, ±30º)
Pumping system Leybold Heraeus TMP360 turbomolecular
pump with D16A roughing pump, Varian multi-gauge
controller
Beam Line hardware
2 Beam lines ~2m each, one conflat, one o-ring, with
apertures and 3 x-y deflector coil-sets
Fluorescent beam stop on 0( line
One end-station on o-ring line, original Ionex, x-y
tilt, x-translate, z rotate
Two detectors; one fixed, one variable angle
Counterbalance for chamber lid
TMP360 with oversized Varian 2033 roughing pump
Data acquisition
Custom Michael Strathman multi-channel analyzer with
analysis software
1 NIM bin with preamps and gates for two detectors
Brookhaven Charge integrator
Kevex PIXE system (sold separately)
2 Kevex Super-dry detectors
Sigma data acquisition system

  • [Ion] General Ionex Tandetron model 4110A (1 MV terminal), Luncun Wei, 09/25/2006