fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Gábor Bence

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Gábor Bence

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Gábor Bence
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2024 06:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarGábor BenceHUN-REN Wigner RCP SZFIStrongly coupled vacuum-induced
light scattering from a subradiant atomic arrayTuesday, 27 August 2024,
10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference RoomRayleigh scattering
off a random medium is a fundamental phenomenon that we study with cold atoms
under a controlled electromagnetic environment provided by a high-finesse
optical resonator. In our experiment, effects of a strongly coupled vacuum
field mode on the linear light scattering are revealed. Weakly laser-driven
atoms are arranged in an incommensurate lattice with respect to the resonator
mode function, thus the intensity of light scattered into the resonator was
found to be linearly proportional with the atom number, in accordance with
the scaling in the case of a random medium. While the mean-field scattering
vanishes due to the destructive interference in the given subradiant
configuration of atoms, the scattering manifests the strong collective
coupling evidenced by well-resolved vacuum Rabi splitting peaks in the
spectrum. We also demonstrated that a strongly coupled vacuum mode can
stimulate the rotation of light polarization beyond the linear polarizability
description of isotropic objects.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! -
Everyone is welcome to attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Gábor Bence, Szeminárium koordinátor, 08/22/2024