fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 20 Jun 2024-Rohit Babar

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 20 Jun 2024-Rohit Babar

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.hun-ren.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 20 Jun 2024-Rohit Babar
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 14:40:41 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI Seminar
Rohit Babar
(Wigner FK SZFI)
Carbon impurities at grain boundaries and Stone-Wales defects in hBN as
potential single photon emitters
Hexagonal boron nitride (hBN) has emerged as a viable host for point defects
with bright, room temperature single photon emission. The large-scale
synthesis of hBN often introduces extended defects in addition to the
presence of point defects. We carry out density functional theory
calculations to investigate carbon impurities combined with topological
defects and grain boundaries in hBN. The inclusion of carbon impurities at
grain boundaries can resolve energetic B-B and N-N bonds and result in
energetically preferable atomic structures. In addition, we find the presence
of carbon atoms can give rise to optical transitions in the visible spectral
range. Our work sheds light on a new class of defects that may appear at
highly strained areas and grain boundaries in hBN, where bright single photon
emitters have already been observed.Thursday, 20 June 2024, 10:00
Wigner FK SZFI, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor auditorium
Language of the talk: English
All interested are welcome!
Attila Nagyszfi-seminar AT wigner.hun-ren.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, Thu 20 Jun 2024-Rohit Babar, Szeminárium koordinátor, 06/17/2024