fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Francesco Preti

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Francesco Preti

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Francesco Preti
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2024 06:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarFrancesco PretiForschungszentrum Jülich, Németország (host: Kiss
Tamás)Statistical evaluation and optimization of entanglement purification
protocolsTuesday, 18 June 2024, 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor,
Conference RoomWe introduce a quantitative characterization of two-qubit
entanglement purification protocols based on the amount of entanglement they
can retain/destroy. Our approach uses concurrence and the hit-and-run Monte
Carlo algorithm applied to the convex set of all two-qubit states. We
demonstrate that pioneering protocols are unable to improve the estimated
initial average concurrence of almost uniformly sampled density matrices,
however, as it is known,they still generate pairs of qubits in a state that
is close to a Bell state. We also develop a more efficient protocol and
investigate it numerically together with a recent proposal based on an
entangling rank-two projector. Furthermore, we present a class of variational
purification protocols with continuous parameters and optimize their output
concurrence. These optimized algorithms turn out to surpass former proposals
and our new protocol by means of not wasting too many entangled
states.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to
attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Francesco Preti, Szeminárium koordinátor, 06/13/2024