fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Alexander Weigel

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Alexander Weigel

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Alexander Weigel
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 06:00:01 +0200 (CEST)

SZFI SeminarAlexander WeigelMPI Garching (host: Dombi Péter és Szipőcs
Róbert)Field-resolved Infrared Spectroscopy for Blood-based
Health-monitoringTuesday, 11 June 2024, 10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd
floor, Conference RoomField-resolved infrared spectroscopy (FRS) uses
electro-optic sampling to directly record the vibrational response of
analytes to the excitation by an ultrashort infrared pulse. Compared to
conventional intensity-based Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy,
field-resolved detection offers several advantages, including intrinsically
high dynamic range and background-free detection of the molecular response
signal. I will report on our latest FRS developments, featuring
super-octave-spanning infrared spectral coverage and dual-oscillator scanning
at multi-kHz rates with attosecond delay precision. Interferometric
extinction of the excitation pulse has the potential to increase the
detection dynamic range further. I will present Cr:ZnS oscillators as an
ideal laser platform for dual-oscillator EOS, providing single-cycle,
ultra-broadband infrared pulses at multi-MHz repetition rates, while
maintaining exceptionally high power and carrier-envelope-phase stability.
For complex samples like human blood, the infrared response signals recorded
with FRS provides a fingerprint of the molecular composition of the sample.
We envision the application of FRS for blood-based disease detection and
health monitoring, to be tested, among others, on human blood samples
collected within the H4H (Health for Hungary - Hungary for Health)
program.&nbsp;Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to
attend.Attila Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Alexander Weigel, Szeminárium koordinátor, 06/06/2024