fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Meghívó: Prof. Varró Sándor szemináriumára. PTE, Fizika Intézet (pontosítás)

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Meghívó: Prof. Varró Sándor szemináriumára. PTE, Fizika Intézet (pontosítás)

  • From: paragi AT sol.cc.u-szeged.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Meghívó: Prof. Varró Sándor szemináriumára. PTE, Fizika Intézet (pontosítás)
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 02:28:47 +0200

Tisztelt Lista!

Az előző levélről sajnálatosan lemaradt a pontos helyszín (terem megjelölés), illetve ide is bemásolom Prof. Varró Sándor által megadott irodalomjegyzéket, valamint reményeim szerint próbálom korrigálni az előző levélben tapasztalt karakterproblémákat.

Az előadás pontos adatai tehát a következőek:

Előadó: Prof. Varró Sándor, ELI, ERIC, ALPS Facility, Szeged, Hungary.

Cím: Mass Formulas for the X17 and E38 Particles, and the Proton Size Puzzle.

Időpont: 2024. május 16., 14 óra
Helyszín: PTE Fizika Intézet (Pécs, Ifjúság útja 6.) Jeges-terem (A-408)

Absztrakt

The angular correlations of electron-positron pairs, stemming from the products of several nuclear reactions, i.e. 7Li(p,e+e-)8Be, 3H(p,e+e-)4He, 11B(p,e+e-)12C, systematically show an anomaly at large relative angles, called the ATOMKI anomaly [1-3]. In each cases the observed effect can be explained by assuming the existence of a neutral boson, the X17 particle, having an invariant mass of 17 MeV/c^2 [1-3]. Other experiments on reactions like 63Cu(d,gg)65Zn show anomalous gamma diphoton (gg) correlations around the invariant mass 38 MeV/c^2 [4]. This may indicate the existence of the so-called E38 particle, mediating energy and momentum from the decaying products.

In the present talk we show that it is possible to derive the above-mentioned masses, on the basis of quantum electrodynamics. For this purpose we use the exact solutions of the Dirac equation of the system of a charged particle and quantized electromagnetic plane waves [5]. We have long realized that these non-perturbative solutions contain such kind of frequency blue-shift of the radiation quanta, which appears as an effective mass in the dispersion relation. In a recent application of these property of the solutions, we have taken the proton as the interacting charge, and derived a formula, which yields the value 17.0087 MeV/c^2 for the invariant mass of the X17 particle [6]. By applying this same method to the udd quark-photon plasma associated to the neutron, we receive a similar analytic formula, leading to the value 37.9937 MeV/c^2 for the invariant mass of the E38 particle [6]. We note that, besides the Sommerfeld fine structure constant and the nucleon masses, the derived formulas contain merely some elementaty statistical factors.

In our considerations a natural connection appears between the mass of the X17 particle and the proton size, the latter being a subject of intensive research, with puzzling outcomes [7,8]. We shall briefly review this subject, and higlight the just-mentioned connection in our scheeme, which delivers the value 0.846299 fm for the proton radius [6], and 0.845135 fm for the neutron radius. Each of these radii are smaller, by a factor of 0.640452, than the respective Compton wavelengths.