fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Eva Klimesova

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Eva Klimesova

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <sem-admin AT szfki.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Eva Klimesova
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 06:00:02 +0100 (CET)

SZFI SeminarEva KlimesovaELI Beamlines, Prága (host: Dombi Péter)Ultrafast
dynamics in nanoscale targets at ELI BeamlinesTuesday, 16 January 2024,
10:00, KFKI Campus, Bldg. 1, 2nd floor, Conference RoomELI Beamlines facility
is an international research center operating high-power lasers and
femtosecond secondary sources of accelerated particles and x-rays for user
experiments. The MAC end-station at the ELI Beamlines is intended to
investigations of ultrafast dynamics in low-density targets, such as atomic
and molecular beams, clusters and nanoparticles, and imaging of solid
targets. I will focus on various nanoscale samples at the MAC end-station,
ranging from few-nanometer helium nanodroplets and larger support-free
dielectric nanoparticles to nanoscale structures on a substrate. In helium
nanodroplets, I will present studies of secondary processes after irradiation
with extreme ultraviolet light, relevant to the radiation damage in
biological matter. These studies include interatomic Coulombic decay,
collective autoionization in nanodroplets, and production and dynamics of
transient nanoplasmas. Moving to larger dielectric nanoparticles, I will
address the mutual interaction of the laser-irradiated nanoparticle with the
gaseous environment. The presence of an uncondensed gas is very often
neglected in investigations of nanoparticles in vacuum. However, I will show
that it can have a dramatic effect on the measured spectra and the
interpretation of results. Lastly, I will discuss possibilities of lensless
imaging of solid samples using our high harmonic beamline.&nbsp;Minden
érdeklődőt szívesen látunk! - Everyone is welcome to attend.Attila
Nagysem-admin AT szfki.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szemináriumok - Seminars: Eva Klimesova, Szeminárium koordinátor, 01/11/2024