fizinfo - [Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Peter Dombi, 29. 11. 2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium / online

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Peter Dombi, 29. 11. 2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium / online

  • From: mcsete AT physx.u-szeged.hu
  • To: fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Peter Dombi, 29. 11. 2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium / online
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:39:19 +0100

Seminar

Speaker: Péter Dombi
Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Budapest & ELI-ALPS, Szeged

Title:
Measurement of the carrier-envelope phase of ultrashort laser pulses
- in attoscience, as well

Date: 29, November (Wednesday) 2023, 3 pm
Location / platform: SZTE TTIK FI Budó Ágoston auditorium
https://join.skype.com/JauS1P2NznP1

Abstract: In the first part of my talk I will present the optical chip developed at the Wigner Research Centre for Physics that can measure the carrier-envelope phase (CEP) of nJ-level femtosecond laser pulses (Hanus et al., Nature Comm. 14, 5068, 2023). This represents a significant advance over previous CEP measurement methods, because (i) the phase of oscillator pulses can be measured and (ii) 3D phase maps can be recorded. In the second part of the talk I will present historical steps of research performed by Ferenc Krausz, how the first CEP-stabilized laser amplifiers enabled the generation of isolated attosecond pulses and why they were essential to realize the first attosecond time-resolved experiments in the first years of the new millennium.
Everyone is welcome to attend.

Dr. Mária Csete

  • [Fizinfo] SZTE FI seminar: Peter Dombi, 29. 11. 2023. 3pm, Budó Ágoston auditorium / online, mcsete, 11/28/2023