fizinfo - [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, 2023. nov 22-Ticijana Ban

fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu

Subject: ELFT HÍRADÓ

[Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, 2023. nov 22-Ticijana Ban

  • From: Szeminárium koordinátor <szfi-seminar AT wigner.hun-ren.hu>
  • To: SZFI User <szfkiuser AT szfki.hu>,Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Cc: Fizinfo <fizinfo AT lists.kfki.hu>
  • Subject: [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, 2023. nov 22-Ticijana Ban
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:01:02 +0100 (CET)

SZFI Szeminárium
Ticijana Ban
(Institute of Physics, Zagreb, Croatia, vendéglátó: Vukics András)
Multichannel laser cooling of atoms using an optical frequency comb
Optical frequency combs (FCs) have become an unavoidable source of light in
applications ranging from metrology and high-resolution spectroscopy to
precision ranging and calibration of atomic spectrographs. In recent years,
the applications of FCs have expanded to laser cooling and trapping of atoms
and ions, and quantum communication. In this talk, I will present our results
on the FC-atom interaction in the case when the cold atoms are in free space
or are placed inside a high-finesse optical cavity. For atoms in free space,
FC cooling of neutral atoms [1], and simultaneous dual-species FC cooling [2]
is demonstrated. For atoms placed inside a high-finesse optical cavity, a
multi-frequency dispersive interaction is observed [3]. As a result of
dispersive interaction, the squeezing and broadening of atomic distribution
in time-of-flight images is measured.Our results contribute to the
development of novel laser cooling techniques using a single frequency comb
source.[1] N. Šantić, D. Buhin, D. Kovačić, I. Krešić, D. Aumiler, and T.
Ban, Sci Rep 6, 2510 (2019).[2] D. Buhin, D. Kovačić, F. Schmid, M. Kruljac,
V. Vulić, T. Ban, and D. Aumiler, Phys. Rev. A 102, 021101(R) (2020).[3] M.
Kruljac, PhD thesis, University of Zagreb 2022.2023. november 22. szerda,
10.30
Wigner FK SZFI, 1. ép. 1. em. nagy előadóterem
Az előadás nyelve: magyar
Minden érdeklődőt szívesen látunk!
Nagy Attilaszfi-seminar AT wigner.hun-ren.hu

  • [Fizinfo] Szeminárium - Seminar, 2023. nov 22-Ticijana Ban, Szeminárium koordinátor, 11/17/2023